SEE BELOW FOR OPEN POSITIONS
Please contact us for more information:
SENIOR FIELD TECHNICIAN
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description: Business Communication Systems, Inc., headquartered in Sterling Heights, Michigan is energetically looking for a Senior Technician for our rapidly growing Technology Company.
If you have an interest enhancing your future we have an interest in talking with you.
The qualified candidate will earn top dollar wages, and will be eligible for an impressive benefits package, including health insurance and 401(K) retirement benefits.
If you’re not in the market for a new challenge but know someone who may have an interest, pass this along and we will make it worth your effort.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Essential Functions: Marked with an asterisk (*)
Summary: Performs field service and installations for new and current customers by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides modifications on the telecom system and on the end uses devices to support all users with moves, adds, and changes with their telecommunications equipment.*
- Analyzes service tickets and performs remote maintenance when possible.*
- Remains current on the technology provided to our customers through training courses, seminars, conferences and reviews of technical research papers, reports, data trends, and professional journals.*
- Involves service manager on critical customer service issues.*
- Provides basic instructions and/or assists with training on how to use the end devices when necessary.*
- Troubleshoots user problems and system failures.*
- Complies with BCS technical and operating standards, corrective and preventive maintenance standards, equipment and site standards, and overall customer satisfaction performance standards.*
- Participates in the on-call emergency service rotation.*
- Completes all paperwork in a written or electronic format that is clear, concise, and detailed.*
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Math Ability: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, WASP Inventory Control, NEC Anytime Portal, Tigerpaw Mobile, CRM+, Screen Connect, NEC PC PRO, and Wire Shark.
Education/Experience: Associate’s degree (A. A. / A. S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Specialized Training: Telecom installation
Certificates and Licenses:
- NEC Technical Certification
- Valid driver’s license
- Power drill
- Power saw
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
- Time management
- Oral communication skills
- Written communication skills
- Well organized
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and climb a ladder, reach above shoulders, and lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to see color.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places, and outdoor weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Install, maintain, administer, and repair telecommunications equipment.
- Provide modifications on telecom systems and on the end-user devices to support users with moves, add’s and changes with their telecommunications equipment.
A Plus If You Have:
- Avaya or NEC-related certification.
- Ability to service and program NEC telephone systems.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco VoIP.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and documentation skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage with overtime compensation as earned.
- Health, Dental, Vision, RX, AFLAC and FSA insurance benefits, Retirement Savings.
BCS, Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.